This extension requires one license per seat
Requires Unity 4.5.3 or higher.
Unity 5 compatible
EVP brings realistic and fun vehicles to your games! Designed for gameplay, ease of use, and realistic behavior.
Beta version: the features from the previous Unity 4 version are being added gradually as the package is rewritten for the new vehicle physics system. Feedback is welcome!
Features | Documentation | Live demo
- GTA-style physics: fun and realistic vehicles configured for gameplay.
- Vehicles can be rigged and configured in minutes (Video tutorial)
- Easy integration into existing projects: just drop a prefab in your scene and hit and play.
- Vehicle damage effects, including deterioration of handling.
- Multiple ground materials supported, including per-material grip and drag coefficients, ground marks, skid marks, smoke, dust, etc.
- Lots of audio effects: engine, turbo, transmission, tire skid, body impacts, body scratches...
- Built-in “Pause” function for vehicles without setting timeScale to zero.
- Full C# source code.
- A single component VehicleController provides fully working vehicle physics.
- Additional features available as add-on components: damage, audio, tire effects (marks, smoke, dust), visual effects, standard input, sample random AI input.
- Easily write your own add-on features by using the exposed properties and delegates.
- Custom PBR shader for tire marks.
- Custom shaders for particle effects (smoke, dust) with shadows.
- Fixes the WheelCollider problems in Unity 5.
- Garbage-Collector friendly. No GC allocations in runtime.
- Supports any physics timestep up to 0.06
UPGRADE NOTES: Unfortunately projects from Unity 4 cannot be upgraded directly due to the major changes in Unity 5 physics. You can import the new package into a project upgraded from Unity 4, but the vehicles won't be upgraded. The new package places the scripts in a new folder (EVP5). An explicit upgrade process is required. Check out the Readme and the upgrade notes.
There are no recommendations for this package.
2 years ago
This review was submitted for a previous version of the package.
I used this car physics in multiple games now and it rocks. Exactly my style of car physics - GTA like. Love it!For anyone wanting a C# version: I converted the source and sent it to Edy. It's available on request.
1 year ago
EDIT: Starting at version 5 the code is 100% well-structured C# code.
Need to request C# version by mail. That is annoying a little. Why not just put it in the package?
EDIT: Starting at version 5, the package is written in C# entirely.
I tune the parameters of car script for 4 days, and i can´t setup car for Rallye type of simulation or drift corners with full throttle. Car is oversteering or understeering, nothing between. Half the comments in source code are in Spanish. Webplayer demo exists, but there is not setup of car like I need, therefore I think, that is not possible to simulate rallye-drift car behaviour with edy's physics or I don´t know how to set up scripts.Works on android mobile device.EDIT:I have slightly modified scripts and it's better.
Thank you for the review, and sorry for the difficulties.In the scripts I've reduced the list of parameters to a good (IMHO) trade-off between features and simplicity. But surely there are more ways to do similar things, and I'm always open to suggestions and feedback. If you could send me the modified scripts, I'd be able to add your improvements to the package so vehicles might be easier to finetune to everyone.EDIT: Starting at version 5 the code comments are in english.